Round 5 of our popular BRA/NCH series is now officially live… Great music coming from Murilo this time… he opens the battle with Otto. Sodwee on the other hand answers with. Let me remind you what BRA/NCH is :
In a joint effort to expand our respective iTunes libraries, and broaden our musical landscapes, we jointly thought this would be the perfect opportunity to showcase the best of both worlds. Murilo battling against Sodwee in death matches between two countries, with our respective musical scenes as weapons. In our case, Brazil and France.
- Each country has to submit a local artist.
- The artist or band must sing in french for Sodwee, Portuguese for Murilo.
- Each opponent will submit an artist or band of similar genre.
- Each submission has to be different, if same artist/band, he/they must evolve in a different project.
- We will enable readers to vote for their favorite submission for each round.
Murilo’s pick for this battle :
- Otto – Agora Sim [audio:https://sodwee.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/10-Agora-Sim.mp3]
- Otto – Cuba [audio:https://sodwee.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/04-Cuba.mp3]
Thats my next pick : OTTOOtto is another artist coming from the Brazilian Mangue Beat wave. He was a percussionist with Nacao Zumbi and another kick ass band called Mundo Livre SA. After he realized there was no space for his ideas in those two bands, he simply left for his solo career.
Sodwee’s answer :
- IAM – Je Danse Le Mia [audio:https://sodwee.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Je-Danse-Le-Mia.mp3]
- IAM – Bad Boys de Marseille [audio:https://sodwee.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Bad-Boys-de-Marseille.mp3]
IAM is a French hip hop band from Marseille, created in 1989, and composed of Akhenaton (Philippe Fragione), Shurik’n (Geoffroy Mussard), Khéops (Eric Mazel), Imhotep (Pascal Perez), and Kephren (François Mendy). ‘IAM’ has several meanings, including ‘Invasion Arrivée de Mars’ (‘Invasion from Mars’). ‘Mars’ is frequently used as a metaphor for Marseille in IAM’s songs, another meaning is : Imperial Asiatic Man ( AKH often refers to : ( L’homme Impérial Asiatique ) ).
The band was formed in late 1985 by Akhenaton and Khéops, under the name Lively Crew. Lively Crew became B.Boys Stance in the summer of 1987, after which it was joined by Shurik’n, Freeman and Imhotep. In 1989 the group was renamed IAM, and they produced their first album, IAM Concept which was released the following year. They signed a contract with Virgin Records, and went on to publish the album …de la planète Mars (1991), which became a major hit in France. In 1993 they released another album titled “Ombre est lumière” that helped the band to grow in popularity. However, IAM’s big break did not come until their 1997 album L’école du micro d’argent, which took only two days to become a gold album in France and eventually sold over a million copies, becoming a diamond album. L’école du micro d’argent also brought the group some international fame. They also performed at the Reading Festival in England which increased not only their own popularity but that of French Hip Hop in England.
VOTE NOW :