We’ve finally managed to persuade our good friend Wesley R. to come up with a playlist of his recent finds in terms of music. And you might not be aware, but Wesley is quite the influence in us putting out some of the freshest tunes on Sodwee.com. He has this ability to find that spark in some tracks, it blows our minds every single time, and leave us wondering why we try so hard ourselves… However, this time, he serves you dear readers with not one but two volumes of 16 tracks each, packed with awesome dollops of loveliness. Tracklists and streams of each volume are available further down this page… You can even download the two .ZIP archives with all the tracks he shared in them.
This is our first true Guest Playlist post. Be sure to check us out regularly too as we’ll surely post more frequently… And most certainly have more Wesley R. playlists to share in the future. He’s a lazy sloth, so you have time to download this one and enjoy fully before we post another from him…
Here’s what I had to say about compiling these two playlists :
This playlist is just to testify two basics pillars of every human being life: romance and social issues. Songs that might make you step out of own comfort zone of relationships and self-appreciation, songs that require some time spent listening (those who do so will be richly rewarded) and songs that can grab you onto some of their deeper concepts and, if you’re not careful, you might just learn something out of it. Perhaps it is fitting the fact that the playlist is somehow focused on failure and human frailty and that is how it should begin, with a stumble, when you really feel like you’ll explode if you don’t figure out everything at once. The forever incomplete list of subjects dealt on Vol. 1 & 2 is all yours now. Tom Krell, How To Dress Well’s frontman, was the chosen one for the start with an epic intro that will take you along.
“I love to fly. It’s just you’re alone; there’s peace and quiet, nothing around you but clear blue sky. No-one to hassle you, no-one to tell you where to go or what to do. The only bad thing about flying is having to come back down to the fucking world”.
That should come across like a tremendous understatement. Music is meant to reflect its own sense of grandness. So sit back and enjoy.
– Wesley R.
Tracklist/Stream for Vol.1 RELATIONSHIPS & LIFE :
[zilla_button url=”https://dl.dropbox.com/u/93124988/Vol1_Relationships-Life.zip” style=”blue” size=”large” type=”square” target=”_blank”] Download : Vol.1 Relationships & Life [/zilla_button]
- How To Dress Well – Say My Name Or Say Whatever
- Violetness – Into The Water (Robert Kock Remix)
- Lorde – The Love Club
- Pretty Heart – O Heart!
- Golden Curls – Imaginary Love
- Real Magic – The Trance
- Chromatics – Lady
- The Sounds – It’s So Easy
- Twin Shadow – Golden Light
- AlunaGeorge – Just A Touch
- Hot Chip – Look At Where We Are (Major Lazer Extended Remix)
- Ssion – Growin
- Bonde do Rolê – Brazilian Boys feat. Ce’Cile
- Icona Pop – My Party (feat. Smiler)
- Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs – Trouble
- Loney Dear – Airport Surroundings
Tracklist/stream for Vol.2 POLITICS & LOVE :
[zilla_button url=”https://dl.dropbox.com/u/93124988/Vol2_Politcs-Love.zip” style=”blue” size=”large” type=”square” target=”_blank”] Download : Vol.2 Politics & Love [/zilla_button]
- Data Romance – Can’t Keep Your Mind Off
- Lulu James – Closer
- Sia – Hold Me Down
- AlunaGeorge – Body Music
- Solange – Some Things Never Seem to Fucking Work
- ￼￼￼￼￼Sound Remedy – Wolf Alice – Leaving You (Sound Remedy Remix)
- CocoRosie – The Moon Asked the Crow
- Dragonette – My Work is Done
- Elsiane – Slowbirth
- The Birthday Kiss – Choking
- Rachael Yamagata – Faster
- Kimbra – Cameo Lover
- Rufus Wainwright – Do I Disappoint You?
- James Blake – Limit To Your Love
- Tegan And Sara – Shock To Your System
- Justin Timberlake – Mirrors